WHo We Are
Slippery Rock Baptist Camp (SRBC) is owned by Western PA Independent Baptist Churches. Our goal is to bring young people to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. We teach biblical truths. We will teach children and adults help them discern the way they need to live in this world to bring glory to God. Discipleship is a big part of what our Counselors do with the teens that are their responsibility. We have structured Bible studies in the morning and in the evening.
During the afternoon we play games, have competition between cabins, swim and an opportunity of quiet time for them to reflect on what they have been taught. The Counselors make sure their questions are answered and problems solved. There are qualified adults to help with any problems that our Counselors are not equipped to handle. Good friendships are often made that even last to adulthood.
What we believe
1. We believed that the Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God.
2. We believe there is one, living and true God, infinite, intelligent Spirit, and Maker and Supreme Ruler of heaven and earth.
3. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a divine person, equal with God the Father and God the Son, and of the same nature.
4. We believe in the personality of Satan, that he is the unholy god of this age, and the author of all the powers of darkness, and is destined to the judgment of an eternal justice in the lake of fire.
5. We believe the Genesis account of creation as literal, and believe that man came by direct creation of God and not by evolution.
6. We believe that man was created in innocence under the law of his Maker, but by voluntary transgression fell from his sinless and happy state, in consequence of which all mankind are now sinners, not only by constraint but of choice. Man in his natural state is in a condition of
7. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit in a miraculous manner, born of Mary, a virgin, as no other man was ever born or can ever be born of woman, and that He is born the Son of
God and God the Son.
8. We believe that the salvation of sinners is wholly of grace, through the mediatorial offices of the Son of God, who by the appointment of the Father, freely took upon Him our nature, yet without sin, honored the divine law by His personal obedience, and by His death made a full and vicarious atonement for our sins.
9. We believe that in order to be saved, sinners must be born again; the new birth is a new creation in Christ Jesus; that it is instantaneous and not a process; that in the new birth the one dead in trespasses and in sins is made a partaker of the divine nature solely by the power of the Holy Spirit in connection with divine truth.
10. We believe that the great Gospel blessing which Christ secures to such as believe in Him is justification.
11. We believe that repentance and faith are solemn obligations, and also inseparable graces, wrought in our souls by the quickening Spirit of God; thereby, being deeply convinced of our guilt, danger and helplessness, and of the way of salvation by Christ, we turn to God with unfeigned contrition, confession, and supplication for mercy, at the same time heartily receiving the Lord Jesus Christ and
openly confess Him as our only and all-sufficient Savior.
12. We believe that a local church is a congregation of immersed believers, associated by covenant of faith and fellowship of the Gospel; observing the ordinances of Christ; governed by His laws; and exercising
the gifts, rights and privileges invest in them by His Word.
13. We believe that Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water to show forth in a solemn and beautiful emblem our faith in the crucified, buried and risen Savior, with its effect in our death to sin and
resurrection to a new life; that it is a prerequisite to the privileges of a church relation. We believe the Lord’s Supper is the commemoration of His death until He comes, and should be preceded by solemn
14. We believe that all who are truly born again are kept by God the Father for Jesus Christ.